PDF (Portable Document Format) files are the most often used document format. Adobe’s file format includes all necessary components for displaying the complete document in a single layout. You may effortlessly share this highly protected document regardless of your operating system. While working on these files, users may receive error messages such as “Your PDF file is corrupted or not readable?” while working on these files. Is this an issue for you as well? When you receive such warnings, your vital data may be lost. Do you know how to repair damaged PDF?
If users work with PDF regularly, they may encounter difficulties along the route. While many online PDF converting solutions also offer PDF file repair, keeping the data safe is essential.
Why do PDF files get corrupted?
Before we know how to repair corrupted pdf, the following are possible causes of file corruption.
If users want to import PDF documents, they’ll require a secure internet connection. If you use a shaky internet connection, your file may become corrupted or broken.
Virus or Malware
If you encounter malware or open bugs, the file may become infected and corrupted. Always be cautious when exploring a website and submitting anything from an unknown site. You could have unintentionally downloaded malware, which could have harmed the document and device.
Using a different software that isn’t compatible with PDF documents could cause your file to be damaged or corrupted. Remember that even when working with a PDF file, you could run into some issues. If your PDF file is damaged, don’t worry; this process can be repaired.
Another cause of PDF file corruption is a lack of storage space. Regardless of whether you stored the PDF on an infected device or not, your document may have encountered issues with the USB drive or another storage medium.
Unwelcomed System Shutdown
It could be the result of an unintentional interruption or restart of the notebook or other device. Your PDF can be affected or corrupted if you edit it or download or upload it in specific scenarios and then crash. But don’t panic as it is now relatively easy to repair pdf files. Let’s see how.
Common ways to repair PDF files
• Adobe Acrobat Reader should be updated. Your Adobe Acrobat Reader may not be up to date, which is one of the causes a PDF may not display properly. Go to Help > Check for Updates after launching the app.
• Repair configuration. If the PDF still doesn’t work after updating Acrobat Reader, go to Help > Repair installation.
• Retrieve the previous version. Another way to fix a broken PDF is to restore it from a previous version. Go to the folder where the PDF is stored, right-click it, and restore prior versions from the menu.
• Convert the PDF to a different format. If you’re still having trouble restoring a corrupted PDF, you can extract the data from it and save it as a Word document. From here, you can reformat the data and save it as a PDF.
- Try professional PDF repair software. Repair corrupted PDF files using Wondershare Repairit, a specialized tool. It supports PDF files from versions 1.2 to 1.7 and is compatible with Windows 11/10/8/Vista/7. It aids in the restoration of the PDF’s entire content. Tables, word art, page format, headers, footers, and comments, are all included.
If you’re wondering how to fix a corrupted PDF file, download it and follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Add Corrupted PDF
Open the main interface of the PDF repair tool, Wondershare Repairit and select the corrupted file. If you want to repair more files, you can add more PDF files by clicking the “Add” button.
Step 2: Repair the PDF
After adding files, click the “Repair” option to begin the repairing process.
Step 3: Preview and Save
Click the “OK” button to see the repaired PDF file when the repairing process is finished. Please save the file to your selected location after you’re sure it’s properly repaired.
When working with Pdf files stored on a computer or other storage, keep in mind that the file may become corrupted or damaged at any time. Furthermore, the causes for the document’s destruction or corruption may be ambiguous and for any reason. As a result, exercise caution at all times.
If you encounter an issue, we’ve already discussed multiple factors to consider as well as a remedy. If you need to repair a damaged pdf, Wondershare Repairit is a useful tool to create an online PDF repair to help you with any document area. It is the most incredible answer for all your file repair issues, and you should use it right away.