In today’s hectic and fast-paced world, it’s not unusual to feel anxious or stressed. However, if you feel more stressed than usual or feel like your anxiety interferes with your daily activities, there are many ways to help yourself cope. But first, know what fear/anxiety is!
Anxiety is a spectrum of conditions where the sufferer experiences excessive nervousness and worry. These causes can be anything from everyday concerns to an underlying mental health condition, like depression or bipolar disorder.
With the prevalence of anxiety and panic attacks in modern society, it’s no wonder there are so many people searching for “best kratom near me” to get relief. One helpful natural supplement is called kratom. This herb is a plant-based product with anxiolytic properties, meaning it helps with anxiety disorders.
Over the past few years, many people have started using kratom for anxiety because it helps eliminate panic’s mental and physical feelings. This herb works as a herbal supplement that has been used for centuries to reduce pain, anxiety, and depression. It has the potential to be a safe and effective treatment for those who suffer from chronic stress or those who experience acute anxiety attacks.
So, in this article, we’ll discuss five reasons why kratom is helpful for anxiety and how it can get used to help a person get through an anxiety attack.
What Is Kratom?
Kratom is a psychoactive drug from the kratom tree’s leaves (Mitragyna speciosa) native to Southeast Asia. The kratom herb has some opioid-like effects; it gets used by some people with chronic pain who can’t find relief with other drugs.
The active ingredients in kratom are alkaloids that bind to opioid receptors in the brain, where opiates like heroin and morphine act. Its leaves include 7-hydroxy mitragynine, mitraphylline, and opioid receptor agonists. And several alkaloid analogs of yohimbine and tryptamine.
The medicinal properties of kratom have caused it to become increasingly popular among opiate addicts and people with chronic pain, and those who desire a boost in mood or increased focus and concentration.
In some Asian countries, it also gets chewed for its stimulating effects. It can get taken regularly or occasionally for pain, anxiety, depression, etc.
Hence, this kratom herb acts on several brain receptors (for instance, opiate receptors), which explains its effect: analgesic, stimulating, relaxing, etc. Due to these effects, kratom can get used like opium or codeine, but it is less addictive than these drugs. There are also many kratom species, but the red vein variety seems the most popular.
What Is An Anxiety Attack?
Anxiety arises from feelings of tension, troubling thoughts, and bodily changes such as enhanced blood pressure. It is the subject of much research where psychology, cognitive science, and neuroscience intersect.
While everyone experiences some anxiety in their life, it can become a disorder when it penetrates our daily functioning and causes us suffering to the extent that it impairs our ability to carry out our everyday tasks.
When you experience anxiety, your body goes into a panic, similar to responding to physical dangers. Your heart beats faster, your blood pressure rises, and you may feel nauseous or lightheaded. These physical symptoms get accompanied by more intense feelings of fear and uneasiness.
However, the cause of anxiety is from future scenarios that a person perceives as dangerous or threatening and has feelings of apprehension and dread. People will change their behavior to cope with the anxiety, such as avoiding the situation that causes it or facing the problem despite how uncomfortable it may make them feel.
5 Reasons Behind Kratom Being Helpful During Anxiety
Kratom being helpful during anxiety is a widely known fact. Numerous kratom users have benefited from the effects of kratom and termed it as an anxiety reliever. It can help in soothing your mind while reducing the stress hormone cortisol, which is released when your body is undergoing stress. There are plenty of reasons explaining why Kratoms work during anxiety. Let’s check out some of them below:
1. Kratom is an all-natural supplement. For centuries, people from Southeast Asia have used this plant for its medicinal benefits: pain relief, diarrhea treatment, fever reduction, muscle stimulation, and more. The alkaloids in kratom have mood-elevating and anxiety-decreasing effects.
2. The active alkaloid ingredient in kratom-Mitragynine is famous for binding with delta-opioid receptors in the brain, which helps to reduce or completely mitigate its effect on the mind and lessens the intensity of pain by coming into contact with mu (μ) opioid receptors. These alkaloids help reduce your blood pressure and enable you to breathe better. As these effects start, you will feel less anxious and more relaxed.
3. There are many kratom strains; each type produces other effects. In general, you can expect a mild euphoric effect when using this supplement, but the level of euphoria will depend on the strain used. Some forms will produce a sedating feeling that can be useful in treating anxiety and stress.
4. This herb also works by activating specific cell receptors responsible for elevating your mood and calming your nerves by triggering the release of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine into your bloodstream. When taken in a low dose, kratom acts as a stimulant. It can increase alertness, cognition, and physical energy, while it starts to act as a sedative and painkiller similar to opioids at a moderate amount.
5. It has powerful pain-killing properties and can bind receptors linked to pain perception. This herb further acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, which inhibits the release of inflammatory substances that increase during episodes of anxiety and depression.
Kratom is not a miracle cure for anxiety, but it can be helpful for people who have pressure that is moderate to severe. It can help them control their symptoms and the way they feel.
It is a go-to drug for many people who are struggling with anxiety. It is believed that kratom may help to reduce stress and anxiety, as well as mood disorders.
The main reason kratom is helpful during anxiety is that it can reduce stress. Kratom isn’t addictive and has no withdrawal symptoms. It is a better alternative to many drugs with dangerous side effects and addictive qualities.
This kratom herb is a promising option for anyone with anxiety or depression as a treatment method. It is safer than most prescriptions and can produce similar effects. Also, one of the most important things to note is that this herb is not addictive at all and you should have a kratom strain guide so that you take it in adequate quantities. It would help if you took kratom in small doses that get spaced out over a few hours.